Alexa Yunes-Koch earned her Master’s in Early Childhood Development and her PhD in Education with an emphasis on behavioral neuroscience. She is the co-owner of Yunes Educational Services, and is an author and consultant specializing in student behavior, student motivation, trauma-informed teaching, and teacher well-being. Alexa worked for Disney’s Learning Division in Shanghai, China, under Walt Disney Publishing International. She has over 10 years of experience teaching from the PreK classroom through graduate school courses, in America and China. Inspired by her mother's masterful teaching, and grounded in the neuroscience of behavior and stress, Alexa has developed the Mondo Method to help teachers and students navigate the constant stress of teaching and learning. Through the Mondo Method, teachers are able to understand the neurobiology of their own stress and their students' behaviors, and are given practical strategies to transform their classrooms into positive, fun, engaging and enjoyable environments.
- Provide quality educational products and services for teachers and children from all backgrounds
- Promote and enable holistic learning by combining academic resources with socioemotional education, behavioral, and motivational strategies
- Help children own their life stories with courage, teaching them to celebrate diversity
- We believe all children deserve a quality education, regardless of their background.
- We know that teachers often lack the tools, strategies, and resources they need to accomplish what they know is best.
- We believe socioemotional education and academic education can and should go hand-in-hand.